Contracts Manager D&B
Our client has over 35 years’ experience in private and public sector new build and refurbishment contracts. Working on buildings varying from hospitals to tower blocks, churches to sports halls, their enviable track record is based on expertise, experience and responsive environment. Staff progression and development is important to the company. Recent successful tendering has led to a strong order book for 2017 which has led the need to selectively recruit for key commercial and operational roles within the business. The organization provides excellent career potential for professionals joining the business. This company has a very close, friendly atmosphere.
We are currently recruiting for a Contract Manager to manage a JCT Design & Build project in North London. This will be a mid-spec residential build with 15 units. The project is in pre-construction, going live in January. This project requires an astute manager who is contractually and commercially aware, and able to lead design. Beyond this the project the contracts Manager will oversee various public & private new build and refurbishment projects within London and the M25 region. You will have the autonomy to oversee and manage the project teams across two to four contracts ranging from £1 to £7m in value. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Manage project staff to establish and maintain highly motivated and dedicated project teams.
- Monitor site progress and communicate programme and design changes to all affected parties.
- Intervene and agree action plans to recover delays where possible.
- Ensure timely request for and delivery of all information that is on the programme.
- Identify variations to contract that will impact on the programme and ensure programme is revised to accommodate them.
- Compile such reports as are required to demonstrate progress against programme and budget.
- Compile procurement schedules and liaise with Senior Buyer re site supply and specialist requirements, specifying deadlines.
- Ensure enquiries and/or tender packages are sent to sub-contractors and suppliers so that orders can be placed in time to meet programme.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and consultants.
- Work as part of the pre-construction team through the pre-tender & tender process
Salary will be in the region of £60,000 - £70,000. In addition to this you will receive a generous benefits package including Car Allowance, Pension, Healthcare, Bonuses. In addition to benefits the company offers a fantastic working environment and will provide the opportunity to progress your career through excellent guidance, support and training.
Suitable candidates will have a main contracting background and have the ability to manage design and build contracts to the value of £1m to £7m ideally with some local authority, residential and commercial experience. The ideal individual will be highly motivated, idea-driven and capable of exceeding expectations. Lateral thinking and highly developed problem-solving abilities should be coupled with a very strong academic or a trade background. This role would suit a Project Manager looking to step up or an already established Contracts Manager.
Contact Jon @ cityscapeltd.com or call 01923 750 905