Principal Structural Engineering Analyst
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Principal Structural Engineering Analyst to join this international award winning multi disciplinary design consultancy. You will be working for one of the leading market names who provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering creative solutions to meet client's needs. There are nearly 100,000 employees and you could be one of them.
You will be part of the Advanced Technology team based in Basingstoke. The work involves the modelling of loading and the response of structures or components. The techniques employed bring value to situations where there is unusual loading, structural form or material when conventional codes of practice do not fully describe the problem. You will be regularly considering seismic effects, undertaking stress analysis and investigating the dynamic effects due to blast or impact.
This role will involve the delivery of projects incorporating a significant quantity of finite element or computational fluid dynamics analysis in order to bring benefits to our clients. If you have a passion in numerical modelling of structural and structural mechanical problems and problem solving to resolve clients problems then this role could be for you.
- Lead in the preparation of finite element analyses and/or computational fluid dynamics analyses
- Lead the preparation of reports on analyses undertaken for client submission
- Conduct independent technical checking and review of analyses led by others
- Supervise the production of analyses and client deliverables
- Control project delivery in order to deliver to results on time and budget
- Undertake structural design of complex/unusual structures using current British Standards and Eurocodes
- Consider the wider engineering issues related to the analyses being undertaken
- Contribute to the development of the team by continually developing new skills
- Have the necessary background, along with the desire to be a subject matter expert and point of specialist knowledge on an engineering subject within the company
- Contribute to the broad range of technical skills that Advanced Structures team possess
- Support the development of more junior members of the team
To be considered for this role you should have/be:
- A Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers
- Ability to decide on the level of reliance and accuracy to attach to a variety of results obtained from finite element analysis and to interpret results into practical solutions
- Masters Degree in an appropriate Civil or Structural Engineering discipline ideally with a depth of study in finite element, finite difference, CFD methods or seismic or dynamic analysis or similar subjects
- Experience in the advanced use of a commercially available finite element software package (e.g ANSYS, LUSAS, STAAD) including non-linear, time and frequency domain methods.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate using hand drawn sketches
- Ability to work on a number of projects simultaneously
- Ability to demonstrate track record in the preparation of designs contributing to the delivery of client projects
In this role you will be able to put your business skills and innovative thinking into your work, alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.