Hedge Fund needs Junior Systems Administrator
London based Junior Systems Administrator, Lucrative Hedge Fund Package
Are you looking to break into the financial sector?
ALondonbased hedge fund is searching for a skilled and intelligent technologist.
Successful applicants will be using new and exciting technologies on a day-by-day basis in this role. Therefore, a real passion for technology is essential.
Academic excellence is championed at this hedge fund. They prefer degree qualified candidates with a 2:1 degree or better and 3 A-Levels equivalent to 3 B's. Degrees in the Computing or Sciences are advantageous but not essential.
Responsibilities within the role:
- Monitoring complex in-house systems and our automated trading systems
- Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange management
- Vmware ESX virtual infrastructure
- Desktop PC upgrades and deployments, including Windows XP and Windows 7
- Server upgrades and deployments, including Server 2003 and 2008
- Server and workstation hardware, diagnostics and repair
- Security issues and improvements, including boundary protection, physical security and AV alerts
- Software upgrades, including trading and general infra applications
- Backup infrastructure and disaster recovery plans
- Automated software packaging and releasing system
- Perl scripts and PowerShell cmdlets to automate daily tasks
- Windows 7 desktop and Windows 2008 Server
- Server and workstation hardware
- Backup infrastructure
- Linux infrastructure
- Networking and major desktop applications - E.G. Microsoft Office.
All of the above skills will benefit applicants but are not essential.
This is a permanent role with great options for career progression within one ofLondon's most renowned financial institutions.
Salary and compensation package will depend on experience and the skills the candidate has to offer but will be in line with expectations at a top-flight financial institution.
If you are interested in this role then please forward you CV to the email address listed.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com