Commercial Finance Manager - Investment Appraisal
Commercial Finance Manager - Investment Apraisal - £70k
This purpose of this role is to provide high-level financial support, challenge and commercial advice to senior management on new store acquisitions, disposals, refits and other Retail capital investment projects, applying robust investment appraisal techniques and ensuring that strategic objectives are met.
As the Commercial Finance Manager you will lead, coach and develop the Investment Appraisal team to improve performance and meet business objectives
- To manage the production of financial evaluations in respect of :-
- Single site acquisitions
- Multiple site acquisitions
- Business acquisitions including coplex company acquisitions as well as standard asset-only deals
- Refits and Extension
- To review the financial analysis / evaluation of proposed store closures / disposals to ensure consistent approach adopted by each region and that relevant documentation is produced for management approval.
- To review the financial analysis and evaluation of other Retail capital investment including IT change, asset renewal, supply chain and E-store.
- To be, and be seen to be, the key contact between Retail Finance and Estates Team.
- To continually improve investment appraisal techniques and processes for new stores / closures in line with Group and external best practices
- To be a custodian of delegated authorities, approval processes and protocols, creating a centre of excellence within the department
Key Relationships (other than with manager or reports)
- Directors on Retail Executive
- Senior manager and colleagues in Estates in reviewing capital requests
- Senior managers across Retail in reviewing capital requests
- Corporate acquisitions team for major evaluations
Freedom to make decisions
- Makes informed decisions regarding financial projections
- Develops control checks to ensure validity of projections
- Evaluates if due diligence information satisfactorily supports acquisition projections
- Required to provide advice and guidance to managers
You will be
- Qualified Accountant with experience of operating at a senior finance level
- Self-starter able to work with minimum supervision
- Highly analytical with keen attention to detail and presentation
- Very strong Excel skills with ability to download / extract information from numerous sources as demanded by project in question
- Experience of investment appraisal techniques and their use in the evaluation of external opportunities (in particular company acquisitions) an advantage.
- Independent ability to produce high quality evaluations of commercial opportunities, thereby enabling correct action to be taken.
- Ability to vary evaluation techniques applied dependent on nature of capital request including acquisition of assets / company / new build / closure / disposal.
If you want to apply to this fantastic opportunity contact me on 0161 214 3840 or