Senior FTP Finance Manager
Senior FTP Finance Manager
My Client a market leader in the Financial Services market requires an experienced individual to take on the role of Senior FTP Finance Manager based within Accounting & Finance and located at their offices in Canary Wharf.
You will be responsible for the group wide strategic finance platform rollout that provides a single solution for general ledger and financial reporting. The platform facilitates group reporting and regulatory reporting and provides financial data to other Finance downstream systems. The programme's key objectives are to strengthen Finance's control environment and to improve the efficiency of Finance Divisions through the adoption of a globally consistent Finance Process Model.
This role will manage the Data Sourcing and Mapping team in UK and responsible for the delivery of financial data from FTP to serve financial reporting, operational accounting, and other finance downstream systems. The role will be involved in FTP site roll-out and support, business initiated projects and other Finance projects that are impacting FTP.
The job holder will be working in a fast-paced environment and engaging with multiple stakeholders. Being involved in the ultimate group strategy.
The role is challenging and provides the opportunity for individuals to develop a broad range of capabilities in the ever-changing world of Finance.
The role holder will delivering a value-added finance function, producing quality analysis that management can rely on, make decisions upon and drive business performance.
The systems which will be used: FTP, banking systems and full range of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
My client provides a substantial opportunity for capable people to move within. Good performance is well rewarded and those who excel are sought out for further development.
The role is under a global structure which is supporting both global & local initiatives, therefore the role is expecting occasional travel to other FTP sites as required
There will be on the job coaching and training and opportunities to gain qualifications as part of ongoing development as well as networking events, social gathering with the wider team
As Senior FTP Finance Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for getting FTP ready when Business/Product change is initiated that impact our General Ledger and Reporting Requirement.
- Responsible for delivering new FTP functions that impacts Finance and other Global Functions and Business. i.e. Impact: Liquidity data interfaces, Fund Transfer Pricing, Management Information (MI) as examples but not exhaustive list.
- Responsible for delivering FTP to support of new or existing Local Regulatory requirements, Group requirements such as Financial Reporting (FINREP), IFRS, BOE etc.
- Responsible for improving Finance processes with initiative around FTP such as the migration of legacy systems / reporting applications to FTP, Line Finance process improvement using/around FTP, Fast Close initiatives supported by FTP.
- Participate in FTP site roll-out and ensure that local design aligns with global FTP design principles/strategy and supports the wider benefits realisation objective for Finance.
- Ensure effective relationships are maintained and fostered with key Finance staff across the organisation.
- Maintain and continue to develop an effective working partnership with FTP and Product System IT Function.
- Partner with other FTP workstreams to ensure the deployment of a certified system to the End User.
- Ensure effective communication as appropriate using all relevant media with the Project Management Organisation.
- Value different perspectives, creating an inclusive environment, valuing and leveraging diversity, being sensitive to other cultures
- Adopt a collaborative approach to working with other FTP teams and organisations, both on and off-shore.
- Work well with staff from other functions.
- Promote an environment of inclusion, diversity, collaboration and trust within the Group
- Promote the value of challenging the status quo, seeking to improve ways of working and having a forward-thinking mind-set, in line with the Group's Values and Strategy
- Ensure the delivery of documentation and output to a high professional standard.
- Clear communication to FTP Data Sourcing and Mapping Lead of risks, issues and successes.
- Provide a high level of commitment and dedication to the success of the implementation of FTP globally.
- Ensure suitable Control mechanisms are utilised and introduced whenever appropriate into both system and process design.
- Support FTP Teams at Global Finance Centres (GFC) as required.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (Functional Instruction Manuals (FIMs), Group Standard Manuals (GSMs), circulars) and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group's standards of ethical behaviour.
- Ensure data quality issues identified during the requirements gathering, analysis and design stages are formally assessed and managed to ensure Finance end state vision and associated benefits are realized.
- Effectively utilise available FTP features and maximise FTP's functional benefits to the end-users through having a comprehensive understanding of FTP functionality. Focus should be on accounting control and ensuring that data population in FTP is fit for purpose.
The ideal candidate for the role of Senior FTP Finance Manager will have:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Financial services industry
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Banking or in a sector with complexity
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Data mapping and data extraction tools, ascertaining, defining and constructing Business Requirement documentation. And experience within a Project environment.
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. Professional accountancy qualification Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)/Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent experience is desirable but not essential
- Proven experience of leading the delivery of an excellent customer service and proactively look for innovative ways to improve the service delivered to customers
- A track record of delivering significant change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways
- Proven experience of motivating others to deliver exceptional performance and long terms results
- Proven experience of leading others and creating an environment that supports and inspires people to develop and deliver
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- Built effective networks both internally and externally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively
- A track record of making strategic business decisions, considering relevant risks, long term implications, commercial realities and stakeholders' needs
For more information on the role of Senior FTP Finance Manager please contact me directly.