Capital Model Manager
Capital Model Manager£48,000-£58,000 plus BenefitsManchester City CentreCo-op Insurance is changing fast. We're investing in our future, in the people who'll shape its direction and the technology to allow us to put customers first, whilst striving to be one of the market leading General Insurance providers. This is a huge transformation for us, one which will set us apart.We're looking to recruit a Capital Model Manager to join our Capital team which is responsible for ensuring our capital and risk models are relevant, robust and in line with business strategy. Applying your technical skills and capital experience you could make a progressive contribution at Co-op Insurance. In return, we can offer you the chance to develop yourself and others working in a diverse team, building a long-term career with a business which puts people and community at the heart of its strategy. As a Capital Model Manager, you'll lead a team developing our own internal model, through to IMAP for approval by the PRA. The process will not end there as we continue to improve the internal model to reflect our risk profile.
- What you'll do
- Lead, manage and develop two direct reports.
- Plan work on a quarterly basis for the team.
- Oversee the development of the internal model through to approval by regulators in IMAP.
- Oversee the development and management of coding changes into the internal model.
- Document, test, analyse results and communicate changes to the model.
- Work closely with the risk team to achieve approval for any model changes.
- Previous managerial experience.
- Previous experience working in General Insurance industry.
- Exposure to both capital modelling and related software, e.g. Igloo or Remetrica.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate technical context to a non-technical audience.
- FIA qualification would be desirable but isn't essential