Pricing Analyst. Gas & Power supplier. London
Innovative and growing gas and electricity supplier is looking for a Pricing Analyst in the Risk and Pricing team to help run the company’s power pricing through the provision of modelling skills, market knowledge, pricing techniques and reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintenance of core electricity pricing systems including pricing models and processes for NHH and HH customers across different products.
- Work with other areas of the business to create new products.
Keep up to date with industry changes and drive changes through.
- Run operational and management reports
- Identify and improve business processes
- Run cost pass through project, coordinating customer relations, impact analysis and system updates
- Build relationships with key stakeholders including risk , energy , sales and operations
This is a great role with huge scope for development and growth. We are looking for someone to develop and own the power pricing and demand forecasting area of the business analysis department. This is an opportunity to develop new products and implement new ideas into an existing framework.
- Liaise with Sales and ensure the accurate and timely pricing of customer contracts
- Maintain and build pricing model spreadsheets to accurately validate core pricing system data maintenance and pricing outputs
- Liaise with all areas of the business to understand the key pricing data being produced
- Manage operational risk issues around sales, pricing and products.
- Flag unusual transactions/ movements to management
- Ensure that pricing policies are adhered to
- Work with outsourcing partners / system suppliers to deliver robust processes, systems & controls
- HH and NHH demand forecasting
- Work on Ad-hoc reports and projects as and when required
- Develop pricing strategies in line with the business plan
- Actively embrace coaching culture to develop personally and the company.
- Contribute within team meetings and at staff engagements.
Embrace corporate culture which includes:
- Active involvement in company initiatives such as the 7 habits of highly effective people.
- Having photos and other media of yourself on marketing material.
Previous experience in the I&C gas or power mkt
Within in a pricing role
Good numeric skills with an eye for details and accuracy.
Good interpersonal skills and analytical skills
Previous experience in the I&C gas or power market
Experience of producing management and board level reports.
Educated to Degree level or equivalent
Numerical/analytical orientated qualifications e.g. maths/ economics/ science/ accountancy
Excel – Exceptional
Other Office - Good
SQL / modeling software
Ability to handle complex issues and provide innovative solutions
Diligent, tenacious, able to work on own initiative to a high level of accuracy
Personable attitude – able to manage relationships across all levels