Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering
Job Requirements: -
- Assisting with tender preparation including take off / measurement / risk analysis and advising on contractual matters.
- Management and control of contract costs and preparation of budgets.
- Interim applications for payment, measurement and the valuation of variations and negotiations relating to the final account with clients.
- Commercial administration of subcontracts from enquiry stage through interim payments to negotiations and settlement of final accounts.
- Cost control, management and comparisons against budget and allowances.
- Providing advice to the project team on costs, contractual matters and commercial strategies.
- Financial reporting in terms of cost, value cash and time.
- General management including the supervising of staff as necessary.
- Contractual correspondence including preparation of claims as necessary.
- Upholding and enforcing compliance with company systems and best practice.
Candidate Requirements: -
- Should demonstrate good understanding of the main civil engineering forms of contract such as ICC and NEC.
- Highly IT literate with good to advanced skill levels for MS Excel.
- Be numerate with excellent commercial acumen.
- Ideally educated to degree level (BSc or higher) in Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Be highly literate and able to write contractual letters and reports with ease.
- Excellent communication skills and confident negotiating on behalf of the company.