Project Controls Manager
We are supporting one the of the UK’s premier civil engineering and construction management organisation. The client organisation is a Top 10 civil contractor who has been delivering some of the world’s largest and most complex projects for over 100 years. Their current portfolio of projects includes major highway alterations, rail and Crossrail civil and station upgrades and large energy from waste plants. Due to continued business growth, they are searching for a Project Control Manager to join their London team.
Delivering Project Controls across a major rail project in London. The Project Controls Manager will lead the programme controls function for a programme, monitoring for accuracy and consistency of plans, cost, safety, environment and performance reporting, and deploying available controls team resources to best effect.
- Be the main point of contact for the Project Manager and Commercial Manager in relation to project progress and performance;
- Manage Project Controls staff, document controller, planners and cost controllers;
- Review new project proposals/remits, and monitor so that realistic, resourceable plans are developed for delivery of the programme;
- Identify resourcing requirements to support the programme
- Provide an efficient day-to-day service to the Project Managers in reporting on plans, costs, safety, environment and programme performance;
- Monitor so that data input by project teams and others to cost and performance systems meet required data standards;
- Identify variances to performance and develop a satisfactory explanation for these;
- Provide assistance to the management team in cases where corrective action needs to be taken to improve project performance in specific areas.
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis;
- Skilled in oral and written communication;
- Proficiency with PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications;
- Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications such as; Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Office Applications;
- A good and recent knowledge of civil construction within a rail or highways environment;
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management.
On offer – a basic salary of up to £80,000 – and an attractive package.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of the UK’s best civil contractors. Apply for this position below, or alternatively for further information please contact Tristan Chinn or Gemma Howe on 020 8892 0115.
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We are specialists in Rail and Civil Recruitment and have a range of posts available. We also welcome speculative applications.