An opportunity for a Despatch Controller to join the Logistics team of a Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer. This is a new position to the team and as Despatch Controller you will be responsible for the co-ordination of effectively controlling transport in and out of the site and meeting production, customer and supplier needs.
As Despatch Controller you key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all vehicles to be controlled by the site are loaded and unloaded appropriately and safely
- Advise the Logistics Manager of any issues that may affect the efficiency or service provided
- Continuously look at ways to improve and innovate the logistics function
- Make certain transport schedules are met and strong customer relationships are developed and maintained
- Ensure health and safety standards are maintained and recommendations are suggested where appropriate
To be successful in the role of Despatch Controller you will have previous experience of working within a logistics role and have the following skills and attributes:
- Computer literate and fully competent with Sage and Excel.
- FLT Licence essential (3+ years)
- Vehicle loading/ unloading experience
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated and flexible attitude
- Use initiative, multi-tasker, team player
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Strong understanding of health and safety requirements
This position is based in Exhall and is easily accessed from Nuneaton, Coventry, Birmingham, Erdington, Coleshill, Kingstanding, Bedworth, Leamington Spa, Tamworth, Leicester, Warwick, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Sheldon, and Warwick.
If you have previous of experience of working within a logistics role and hold a FLT licence and are looking to springboard your career to the next level please apply immediately. In return our client offers a competitive salary per annum plus Benefits Package and the opportunity to work for a high level Automotive and Manufacturing Company.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.