Quantity Surveyor - Groundworks
Project or Senior Quantity Surveyor - Groundwork subcontractor - Cheshire area
My client, based in Cheshire have a requirement for either a Project level or Senior level Quantity Surveyor to work on groundwork projects in and around the North West area. This is a permanent or freelance position. Suitable candidate will be a degree qualified in a relevant degree (Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management). Individuals will have worked as a either a Project or Senior Quantity Surveyor on similar projects.
This client work within the following sectors
- Office based roles (Cheshire) with site visits, sites are in the North West.
- You will be required to work as the project/ senior lead surveyor, running on 2 -3 jobs at the same time.
- Negotiate and place subcontract orders on a competitive tender basis
- Maintain effective communications with contracts managers, project management and other associated disciplines.
- All applicants must have a good understanding of building technology and construction processes
- Essential experience - Strong IT skills, particularly Outlook Email, Calendar and Microsoft Excel
- Provide commercial input to contacts with client's representatives.
- Assist in drafting and promote usage of commercial procedures.
- Provide input to risk profiling and management on projects.
- Produce and negotiate insurance claims with insurer's representatives.
- Ensure the production of monthly cost and value reports, quarterly forecasts and cash-flow information and present them to senior management.
- Final accounts
- Cost planning experience required
- regulations and industry standards
- Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs
£200 - £260
To see all my live job lists please add me on LinkedIn
Alexandra Smith at AndersElite is a specialist civil engineering and building recruitment consultant.
To register your interest in this excellent career opportunity, please submit your most recent CV to myself or call me if you have any questions on 07980 006 436 for a confidential discussion my email address is