Fund Accountant Position within a Financial Services company based in Central London.
My Client is a fast growing Financial Services company based within the heart of London.
RESPONSIBLITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES To prepare accounts and other related accounting activities driven by client needs and to oversee and review the work produced by the junior team members. These will include, but not be limited to the following listed tasks:Key Responsibilities
- All work undertaken complies with the Fund's documentation and relevant regulatory requirements and anti-money laundering regulations
- Follow Company procedure at all times.
- Assist with the training, coaching and development of staff.
- Promote excellent relationships with clients of the Company.
- High level of self review
- Motivate and empower trainee accountants by building their capabilities.
- Deputise if required during Line Manager Absences.
- Ensure correct recording of revenue
- Communicate any issues of concern to the Line Manager
- Produce management, interim and audited accounts
- Control and monitor the bookkeeping process and take ownership of the ledgers
- Prepare carried interest and other calculations in accordance with the fund documentation
- Calculate and monitor capital adequacy of licensed entities in accordance with regulations
- Carry out all aspects of accounting for clients including ad hoc queries
- Carry out planning of annual audits and liaise with clients to establish timetables for the receipt of valuations and advisers reports and other relevant information
- Liaise with auditors to ensure a smooth and efficient audit process
- 2:1 Degree or above
- Prior practical accounting experience in a financial institution or professional services firm
- Excel - VLOOKUPS, Pivot tables
- Strong IT/system skills
- Consistently work accurately under pressure
- Previous experience and knowledge of accounting, private equity administration or investment banking.
- Strong accounts preparation / financial statement experience from either accountancy practice or financial services
The successful candidate will receive £38,000 - £42,000 per anum plus study support.