I am recruiting for a Financial Controller for a £250m turnover business in Birmingham, in this role you will own all aspects of financial control, including month-end, financial reporting, planning, working capital management, and ensuring the integrity of the balance sheet and associated reconciliations.
In this role of Financial Controller, you will lead the Financial Control team with 3 x Finance Managers and 6 x Finance Analyst. Responsible for day-to-day line management, creating a high performing and engaged team.
Key duties as Financial Controller include:
- To ensure that financial results comply with accounting policies and standards
- To manage the month end reporting process and brief the key stakeholders on business performance in line with key timelines and deadlines
- Own the relationship with Treasury, Accounts Payable, billing and VAT/Tax teams
- To lead bi-annual forecasting process including production of mid-term plans and in-year updates as required.
- To take full responsibility for the Balance Sheet control including associated reconciliations, and regular reporting to group.
- To manage internal revenue and associated stakeholders, which account for large proportion of total revenue.
- To act as second in command and deputise for the Finance Director as and when required
To be considered for the position of Financial Controller, candidates must be/have:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Ideally Big 4/Top 10 trained with relevant PQE gained in Financial Accounting/Group Accounting roles
- Experience of managing a team, ideally, you will currently be a Reporting Manager, Finance Manager of a stats team looking to make your next step up
Package on offer for the position of Financial Controller:
- Basic salary between £64,000 and £75,000 per annum on offer
- Car or car allowance of £5,000 per annum
- Bonus and other benefits
If you are interested in the position of Financial Controller, please do get in touch