Hygiene Shift Manager - Nights, Greater Manchester
Experienced Hygiene professional with expertise in food manufacturing required to lead busy night shift in growing food manufacturer...
Opportunity immediately available for experienced Hygiene Shift Manager within fast-paced, chilled food factory based in Greater Manchester. A market-leading established food business with a passion for quality products and product innovation. We require a strong leader and manager to coach and develop the night hygiene shift to ensure targets are met and exceeded on time and in full.
This is a permanent role working Tuesday - Saturday nights: 9.45pm - 6am. It is essential you are able to work these hours and get to site.
This is a 24/7 operation, fast-paced, challenging and complex with clean down completed at night to minimise disruption. The team is hard working and dedicated but require a strong leader to ensure effective detail cleaning, stripping down and hitting tight time scales. Team size is 20 and you will report directly to a Hygiene Manager.
As a Hygiene Shift Manager you will:
- Manage the day to day leadership and operations of the Hygiene shift
- Organise labour for shift, manage shift changeover and breaks effectively
- Lead, coach and manage Hygiene Operatives to ensure Hygiene standards are met
- Ensure Hygiene documentation is completed
- Complete Hygiene audits
- Ensure a safe working environment, completing risk assessments and PUWERassessments
- Ensure controls for Microbial and H&S management are adhered to
- Manage team performance and attendance; completing disciplinary, grievance, performance reviews and absence management where applicable
- Utilise KPIs to manage improvement activities
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working in food manufacturing, with high risk chilled food product and will be a strong leader. You will be able to demonstrate expertise in delivering and improving a shift, and working with others to bring the best out of them.
To assist you searching for a role by location - we have added a generic postcode, when uploading the advert, that designates the centre of the county in which this job is found. You may not see this on certain job boards.
REF. ZEG15291 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778