An opportunity has now arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to work for one of the largest envelope contractors in the UK.
My client pride themselves on delivering full envelope projects to major project contractors and developers throughout the UK, including Laing O'Rourke, Carillion, Bam and Sir Robert Mcalpine to name a few.
The ideal candidate would be someone from an envelope contractor and/or someone from a main contractor/build background would be looked upon very favourably.
Duties and responsibilities would include:
- Preparing tender, including bills of quantities with the architect and the client
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
- Performing risk, value management and cost control
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders
- Allocating work to subcontractors
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
This a brand new role due to another expansion within the business.
Depending on the experience of the candidate my client would look to pay £40k to £50k plus a very generous package.