Design Manager - Accommodation and Commercial based Projects - Manchester.
Package - £55,000 to £65,000pa (DOE) salary + car allowance + full benefits package.
This business has evolved into one of the largest privately owned construction businesses in the country. The business focus is on both private and public sector clients across key areas of construction including, Education, Healthcare, Commercial and residential. Projects range from £8M - £25M.
Due to this significant growth of the Manchester office a Design Manager is required to bring the design efficiencies needed to ensure projects are run within budget and maximise profitability from a design perspective. You will need to be able to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for reviewing the quality of the design information provided at pre construction and during construction phases.
- Provides advice on buildability and quality.
- Discuss and agree with appointed / nominated consultants the responsibilities for developing the design, agree appointments, scope of services, fees and design programme to be provided.
- Interview, select, and appoint the appropriate external design consultants, design subcontractors, planning and building regulation and other statutory bodies as appropriate.
- Organise and chair design progress and value engineering workshops.
- Liaise with all relevant statutory authorities with regard to their relevant requirements.
- Prepare detailed design review and design gap analysis for all projects.
- Keep abreast of current developments within the industry and identify need for changes in current practice.
- Ensure feedback is received from site to allow design efficiencies and develop processes for future projects.
- Experience of working on accommodation, healthcare, Commercial or educational based projects up to the value of £25M
Candidates from an architectural background will only be considered if they have also worked in a design management / coordination role with a building contractor.
This is a permanent role with excellent career potential working with a great team of people. Salary is to £65,000pa + car allowance + package including usual benefits plus free on site parking plus much more.
Please note that every effort will be made to contact all applicants, however due to the high volume in candidate applications if you have not had a response to your submission within 10 days please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.