Science Teacher - TYL
Role: Science Teacher
Hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hours, Term Time only
Location: Tyldesley Lancashire
This is a Permanent Role
The school is looking for an exceptional teacher who can create a supportive, encouraging and safe learning environment for pupils of all diverse backgrounds.
As a Science teacher within the school, you will be responsible for ensuring the effective teaching and learning of pupils and be confident in your abilities to teach.
You will be working with students aged 11-19 who have significant behavioural issues. You will be expected to work independently and in a team, and be able to plan, deliver and mark schemes of work in accordance with student’s levels of learning.
What you'll need to succeed:
- You must be a qualified teacher.
- You will have worked with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, mainly mental health or behavioural issues.
- Knowledge of CAMHS and MAPA would be beneficial.
- You need to be a consistent and strong teacher who works well in a team, and ideally have experience of liaising with parents and outside agencies.
- Preferably one year's teaching experience
- Passion for teaching and willingness to promote learning
- Strong Classroom Management Skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Recent experience within the last two years of teaching
To apply to this role, please attach your CV to this vacancy.