Corporate Tax Assistant Manager - FTSE 250 - Manchester
Robert Half are hiring for a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager for a FTSE 250 business based in Central Manchester. This is a newly-created, full-time, permanent position.
Reporting into the Corporate Tax Manager, the Corporate Tax Preparer will be responsible for group-wide corporate tax compliance and for supporting the wider tax team on corporate tax advisory and project work.
· Work closely with the Corporation Tax Manager, and Corporate Tax personnel within the Group Tax team to gain efficiencies and drive best performance within the department
· Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframe, in relation to Corporation Tax
· Build relationships and interact with internal and external customers to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise
· Prepare and complete year end tax packs for submission to Group Tax
· Respond to queries raised on CT packs in a timely manner providing full responses and assisting query resolution
· Identify and mitigate tax risks and actively contribute to the SAO return procedures for the Group
· Identify opportunities for process improvements
· Assist in year-end consolidation process and review output
· Assist in the transition from COINS to Oracle/Hyperion
· Assist in the automation of Hyperion reports and consolidation process
· Assist in ensuring all relevant claims and elections are made on time
· Assist in R&D credit claims
· Assist in tax audits
· Ensure that all tax reports, checklists, backup, tax packs etc are uploaded to tax archive
· Other reasonable duties including tax planning as and when required
The company is looking to hire a part-qualified or recently qualified corporate tax specialist with experience of working in a large practice or from working in the in-house tax team of a large commercial business.
The client is a FTSE 250 group with an office in Central Manchester and who are leaders in their particular market.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is in the region of £35,000 to £45,000 plus benefits package.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.