Associate Quantity Surveyor
An excellent employment opportunity for an Associate Quantity Surveyor has arisen with our Client a leading Construction Consultancy in Manchester. This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving business that specialise in Commercial, private Residential, Leisure and Student Accommodation new build and refurbishment. They currently have a strong pipeline of work across all these building types and require an Associate grade QS to help move the business forward.
Forming part of their Manchester office Project Management & Cost Management team as led by their Director the Associate QS will be responsible to support the team and lead the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
As an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor or existing Associate QS you will ideally be educated to degree level or equivalent and preferably a full RICS member with significant experience of working within a professional services property and infrastructure consultancy business. With a wealth of experience of delivering successful projects of varying types, size, value and complexity within a mix of business sectors, you will be a skilled and capable Surveyor.
What you will do:
- Estimating and cost planning
- Production of feasibility studies and estimates from minimal design information, through to detailed cost plans
- Preparation of tender documentation
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants
- Monitor the costs of projects and their progress in relation to the programme
- Work according to the agreed technical approach and to the required technical quality standards and procedures
- Perform all RICS core competencies and RICS QS Competencies
- Participate in APC training including Supervisor role and guidance for candidates, where appropriate
- Lead on client liaison and business development.
- Attending internal management meetings and monthly BD meetings.
- Delivery of capital projects on time and to budget.
- Assist in the delivery of the Business Plan and drive forward initiatives to achieve those plans.
- Maintain close relationships with key existing clients and addressing any concerns, to maintain high levels of satisfaction
Your experience will include:
- Extensive professional experience within a consultancy environment
- Evidence of leading projects in a client facing role
- Demonstrable knowledge of the student resi and property sector
- Experience working on medium large scale property projects within the Commercial Developer, Residential, Corporate Occupier and Education sectors is desirable
The culture is one of promotion according to talent and impact, not time-served in the business. Ambition is expected and rewarded.
The company invests heavily in its people, recognising that its staff members are its most valuable asset. Individual training plans and accelerated schemes foster an environment of continual personal development.