SSOW Planner / Possession Planner - Contract or Permanent
Working with a leading provider of multi-disciplinary construction services to Network Rail I am currently recruiting for a Possession Planner / SSOW Planner (Safe System of Work Planner) to join their South West operation on either a permanent or contract basis.
Following the recent award of a number of projects which will involve design and construction of civil engineering solutions I am recruiting for a number of positions including Possession Planner / SSOW Planner.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaise closely with the Planner and Construction Manager to optimise work programme.
- Planning of Safe Systems of Work
- Identify available possessions and submit possession requests in line with Network Rail possession planning timescales using the PPS system
- Liaise with and request all Line Blockages from the GZAC
- Prepare SSOW Packs, WPP's and Task Briefings accurately and on time ensuring documentation is returned and maintained.
- Attend Pre-Possession Meetings
- Ensure COSS/Supervisor on SSOW plan ensuring their understanding.
- Where necessary submit road closure requests.
- Review and report on possession performance and utilisation,
- On publication of the Weekly Operating Notices and Isolation Plans, check the details comply with the works requirements ensuring any errors are corrected.
- Organise safety critical resources to facilitate the implementation of the Safe System of Work.
- Maintain a possession schedule and liaise closely with the P6 planner to ensure programmes are accurately maintained.
- Establish good working knowledge of the geographical railway infrastructure, for the area of project/works.
To be considered for this position you must have experience of PPS planning, be a competent Safe System of Work Planner, be competent in the use of GZAM, have a detailed understanding of the rule book while being able to interpret sectional appendices and the hazard directory. You will also be IT literate and hold a full UK driving license. Any experience of train planning using NROL would be beneficial.
Salary available for this position is in the region of £40,000 per annum with competitive benefits also available, or negotiable day rates for a contract role.
Please apply immediately with your up to date CV for consideration.