Pay & Benefits Officer
We are actively seeking experienced payroll professionals to join a vibrant and dynamic business, based in Avonmouth, to join their accountancy team on an initially temporary basis.
The role is full time, starting as a temporary position but there is a permanent position available, for the right candidate.
My client is a true Bristol success story, having been founded here in the 1960's and growing to become a recognised international brand in their sector.
The duties and responsibilities of the Pay & Benefits Officer include, but are not limited to;
- Input changes to the payroll systems
- Process new starters, leavers and monthly bonuses
- Respond to payroll queries from managers and colleagues in a timely manner
- Raising and processing payroll changes and ad hoc payments
- Responsible for the auto enrolment process, enrolling eligible people into the company pension scheme on a monthly basis including external companies
- Responsible for administering and maintaining company benefits such as childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and death in service
- Responsible for the organisation and administration of external 3rd party provider visits e.g Childcare Voucher provider and Pension Advisers
- Deputise for the Pay and Benefits Manager in their absence - including processing of payroll
- Preparing written responses to requests for information from internal and external parties
- Preparation of end of month reports
- Responding to queries from colleagues and internal departmental customers
Any other ad hoc duties as required
The successful candidate for the role of Pay & Benefits Officer will display the following;
Knowledge & Experience;
- Previous experience in payroll (essential)
- Knowledge of pensions auto-enrolment (essential)
- Excel skills (essential)
- CIPP Payroll part qualification (desirable)
- Planning & organising
- Able to communicate with people from all levels
- Driven and focused with a willingness to learn
The successful candidate for the role of Pay & Benefits Officer will receive a salary between £22000 & £25000 dependent on experience.