SF Group are currently recruiting a Purchasing Manager/Buyer for a 12 month fixed term contract.
What does the role involve?
This is a full-time role to lead procurement of non-staff operational costs covering maternity leave for the Purchasing Manager. This role will report to the Head of Facilities.
Who will I be working with?
You will primarily be working with the head of facilities, head of IT, other support heads, director of finance and the finance team and suppliers.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a detailed understanding of the firm's business to ensure that the purchasing needs of each support area is managed effectively and consistently, demonstrating a proactive approach.
- Implement purchasing projects plan and identify new projects with support heads
- Assist in the preparation of business cases for new purchases, with focus on budget forecasts.
- Management of full purchasing process including the drafting of RFx and leading supplier selection where required
- Manage procurement projects to ensure that there is an effective audit trail for the selection and appointment of suppliers.
- Ensure adherence to the firm's procurement policies and procedures, working with the Risk Team to maintain ISO, SRA and other industry standards certifications and regulations
- Develop effective cross functional working relationships to ensure that regular contract performance review meetings with suppliers take place.
- Ensure the firm's diversity, sustainability and Modern Day Slavery Act requirements are addressed in the procurement process.
- Maintaining the supplier contract database
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 5 years' experience of working within a procurement function
- Proven experience of procuring facilities, IT goods and services and other professional goods and service
- Previous experience of working in the professional services sector
- Previous experience of procuring archiving, stationery, IT software, telecommunications and corporate travel
- Working knowledge, although not an expert, of contract law, relevant legislation and regulations