Accountant / Accounts Senior: Salary £30-45,000 (dependent on level of experience) + benefits including company pension, 20 days’ holiday plus public holidays, free parking, flexible working hours if required. You will enjoy a highly varied client base and the opportunity for virtual FD assignments and future share ownership/Directorship (subject to experience / contribution to the business).
The successful Accountant / Accounts Senior is likely to have practice experience and be ACA or ACCA qualified (although we will consider supporting an exceptional candidate in the latter stages of their ACA qualification).
The company: The successful Accountant / Accounts Senior (part or fully Qualified) will join the Senior Management team of Blenheim Accounting, a small, ambitious and rapidly expanding firm of Chartered Accountants who provide accountancy, virtual FD and related services to a varied portfolio of limited companies and sole trader clients within the Greater Bristol Area. The business has built an excellent reputation for providing an informed and high quality service and is located in North Bristol (Bradley Stoke, BS32) with easy access to the M4/M5/M32.
The Role: Reporting into the Director the successful Accountant / Accounts Senior will have the confidence to work with minimal supervision, managing your own portfolio of clients as well as supporting trainees as required. As a senior member of the team you will enjoy a high degree of autonomy, having the interpersonal skills to create an excellent first impression and the professional expertise to advice and support a diverse range of clients.
Accountant / Accounts Senior, Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Management of a portfolio of clients, developing and maintaining strong relationships
- Assisting the Director with virtual FD assignments (dependant on level of experience)
- Preparation and agreement of statutory accounts
- Preparation and presentation of management accounts
- Preparation of financial forecasts
- Personal and Corporate tax returns
- VAT returns
- Mentoring junior staff
Accountant / Accounts Senior, Skills required
- ACA or ACCA – ideally qualified but will support in the latter stages of the ACA qualification.
- Experience of working in Practice
- Current tax knowledge – personal tax in particular
- Highly organised with the ability to work autonomously
- Possessing professional gravitas and confidence with the ability to develop strong relationships with a diverse range of clients, over the phone and face to face.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT literate - ideally with knowledge of Sage accounting systems, payroll software and Microsoft Excel
- Clean driving licence and own transport
Dawn O'Shea recruits directly on behalf of Blenheim Accounting so NO AGENCIES PLEASE. If your CV is short-listed you will be contacted within 14 days of application to discuss the role and your requirements in more detail.