TRAVEL AGENT MANAGER - MUST HAVE TRAVEL INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
TRAVEL AGENT MANAGER (MUST HAVE TRAVEL INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE)£26,000 - £28,000 PLUS BONUSMANCHESTERTHE OPPORTUNITY My client is a luxury travel company based in South Manchester and is looking for an experienced Travel Store Manager to join their fun and growing team. You will be managing a team of 7 which involves increasing profit and sales, whilist managing and motivating a team. You must have experience working within a similar role and have travel experience.
BENEFITS - STAFF DISCOUNT, PROMOTIONS, FREE PARKING, EXCELLENT HOLIDAY ENTITLEMENT
- Accountable for meeting and exceeding retail sales targets
- Driving all sales and converting bookings by closing the sale
- To actively champion, promote and remain a strong ambassador of the company brand and values
- Day to day running of the store including operations and administration
- Communicating effectively with Head of Sales to ensure the Retail team are kept up to date and any relevant issues
- Responsible for the development of fully trained, informative, highly motivated and expert Travel Consultants who deliver exceptional service and revenue.
- Establishing a highly attractive and engaging, innovative, professional and welcoming retail environment
- Ensuring all store visitors receive industry leading customer service so that every single customer is welcomed upon entering the store and offered exceptional, individual service throughout their visits and subsequent phone calls or emails with us.
- Researching the local area, resident and business client bases and local competition to gain a thorough understanding of your target market and identify opportunities for developing local sales revenues
- Developing local marketing initiatives and campaigns and set up in-store events where appropriate and commercially beneficial to drive sales and build relationships with loyal local customers
- Establishing and developing links with local businesses, possibly working together with local retail groups, to secure new opportunities to build strong commercial relationships to provide travel services for local business employees.
- Assuming overall responsibility for training and development of all staff
- Ensuring the presentation of the staff and the store is kept to the highest standards and is smart, professional and up to date at all times
- Ensuring 1-1's is conducted monthly and team meetings on a daily basis
- Ensure there is a brochure racking policy to reflect the local market and one that is flexible depending on seasonal priorities.
- Forecast walk-in business, plan staffing levels and opening hours accordingly, well in advance to ensure excellent customer service is maintained at all times.
- Working with Head of Sales to maximise use of retail staff for the fulfilment of overflow calls and emails from the Dorking call centre.
- Must have experience working in a similar role
- Excellent commercial judgement.
- Confident in meeting tough sales targets
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience of managing a retail travel store, with profit and staff responsibility
- Strong track record of delivering sales results and exceptional service