Construction & Built Environment Tutor
As one of the largest and most successful further education colleges in Europe, and rated level 2 (good) by Ofsted, The Manchester College provides education and training to a wide range of learners and clients across the City of Manchester and beyond. The mission of the college is to deliver a high quality, inclusive and comprehensive curriculum, in an accessible and flexible way.
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city: from Moston and Harpurhey in the North to Wythenshawe and West Didsbury in the South, as well as several locations in the city centre. Each site has its own specialist, cutting edge facilities and resources within a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
With this in mind, we currently have a fantastic tutor opportunity for a tutor in Construction and Built Environment.
As directed by a Departmental Team Leader or Head of Department you will provide supervision of your curriculum area ensuring that you meet budget, quality and operational targets. You will deliver high quality, learner focused education to meet contractual requirements and standards, in line with TMC policies and procedures.
1. Teaching - lead and support delivery and assessment of learning.
2. Within a Scheme of Work, develop lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets.
3. Contribute and develop curriculum to meet local and national priorities.
4. Ensure safeguarding of learners.
5. Ensure that learner records are accurate and maintained in line with data protection and TMC policies.
6. Compliance with TMC & stakeholder policies and procedures.
7. Timely and accurate recording and record keeping.
8. Participate in continual professional development activities to ensure skills and qualifications are in line with sector best practice.
9. Work in conjunction with stakeholders and clients where appropriate.
As directed by your Department Leader/Head of Department
1. Plan, lead and develop the curriculum area within the establishment to ensure compliance with the national curriculum framework, the integration of functional skills, best practice and quality targets.
2. Day to day management of delivery team in line with TMC policies and procedures.
3. Develop and mentor new Tutors.
4. Lead in delivery and accreditation of learner-focused provision.
5. Timely and accurate reporting on funding and compliance activity
Key Result Areas
-Meet delivery targets and plans
-Accurate and timely reports and records
-Positive contribution to planning & development processes
-Positive team working
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
1. Must have a teaching / assessing (as appropriate) qualification and subject specialist qualification at Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) with a commitment to obtain the relevant outstanding Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) qualification within a specified time scale.
2. Track record of effective teaching in delivering in subject specialism
3. English & Maths - must be qualified to a minimum of Level 2