MOJ TEAM MANAGER
Hours Per week: 37.5
To manage a team of MOJ Case Managers to profitably provide an excellent service at all times to clients. To develop, coach and mentor team members to achieve KPIs as set by the business and to maximise their potential.
Reports To: Unit Manager
Key Responsibilities:1. Allocation of work
Cases are to be allocated to appropriate team members based on experience and ability.2. Supervision of work
To provide technical supervision of team members in accordance with the department supervisory structure and case escalation points. To review all incoming and outgoing post. Manage any complaints/issues in accordance with agreed procedures and to escalate to the Unit Manager where appropriate in accordance with firm policy.3. Monitoring workloads
a. To ensure that each team member has sufficient number of files to achieve targets and KPIs.b. To ensure that each caseload is suitable for the individual File Handler taking into account experience and capacityc. Settlement/abandonment rates to be monitored to ensure appropriate file loads and proactivity are maintained.d. Weekly reports of caseloads and settlement rates to be provided to the Unit Manager.e. Litigation opportunities to be maximised and File Handlers to be coached in this regard.4. Reviews
To undertake regular file reviews in accordance with department escalation points together with specific staged reviews as required or requested from time to time.5. Training and Performance Development
Performance and development reviews (PDRs) are to be conducted with each team member each quarter.Training needs to be identified from file reviews and PDRs and fed to the Unit Manager for inclusion in the training programme.Provision of training to be monitoredTo discuss personal development ambitions of team members and to agree Personal Development Plans with team members on a quarterly basis.6. Key Performance Indicators
a. Delivery of agreed KPIs and targets.b. Monitor performance of team against agreed KPIs and targets and report to Unit Manager on a weekly basis7. Finance
a. Monitor monthly financial performance and report to Unit Manager weekly8. Client Care
a. Ensure that the highest standards of client care and professionalism are maintained at all times. All clients to be contacted every 28 days.b. Ensure compliance with the Firm's SLAs in relation to client care.c. First line management of client complaints and escalation to Unit Manager in accordance with the Firm's Complaints Policy.9. Audits
Audits are to be conducted each quarter for team members in accordance with the firm's audit policy and outcomes reported to Unit ManagerMonitoring of completion of corrective actions following auditTraining needs to be identified from audits and reported to Unit Manager
10. Administrationa. Ensuring that the agreed administration procedures for the files in the team are followed. b. Ensuring that all team members use the case management system correctly and effectively and in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Qualified Solicitor/Legal Executive or experience of personal injury work either with an insurer or solicitor
- Knowledge and understanding of employers' and public liability personal claims (beneficial)
- Knowledge and understanding of technical quantum issues (essential)
- Experience of supervising and managing a team (desirable).
- Demonstrable effective team management skills (desirable).
- Proven track record of achieving targets and key performance indicators.
- Good IT skills, including experience of working with a Case Management System
- Self-motivated with the ability to work to tight deadlines, KPIs, SLAs and income targets
- Ability to concentrate in an open office environment.
- Good organisational skills.
- Proven time management ability
- Strong motivational ability.
- Proven experience of supervising and coaching individuals.
- Ability to analyse data and extract management information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable commercial awareness