MRICS Building Surveyor
Highly respected Construction Consultancy are on the look out for an Experienced Building Surveyor to join their office in Birmingham. The ideal candidate must be MRICS qualified or looking to apply for MRICS with the relevant experience. This client has the privilege of being the sole provider for this City Council and due to the continued success, the position offers a wide range of schemes to work on which will include working on residential, retail, leisure and commercial new build/refurb projects.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for you to take responsibility for managing your own work load. You would be responsible for managing and maintaining an existing client base and duties such as, but not limited to undertaking specifications, condition and measured surveys, professional services (ie Party Wall) and contract administration. If you are looking to progress your career then this is a fantastic opportunity to join a large consultancy who invests into the development of their employees and allow a clear progression route within the organisation.
Responsibilities and duties:
* Ensuring projects are completed on budget and to schedule.
* Advising clients on schemes and projects and determining requirements.
* Preparing scheme designs with costings programmes for completion of projects and specification of works.
* Organising documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes.
* Determining the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair.
* Advising on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction.
* Instructing on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings.
* Advising on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings.
* Dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations.
* Offer support and mentorship to the Junior Surveyors within the team
* Instructing on construction design and management regulations.
* Negotiating dilapidations (when there is a legal liability for a property's state of disrepair).
* Carrying out feasibility studies.
* Advising on the health and safety aspects of buildings.
* Advising on boundary and rights of light disputes and party wall procedures.
* Preparing insurance assessments and claims.;
If you are interested in this vacancy, please forward your CV to me directly at or contact myself anytime on 0161 660 2360.Calibre Search promotes equality in the workplace and acts as both an employment agency and employment business.