Application Support Manager - Customer Care
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Application Support Manager to join our client's business based in Sutton Coldfield.
Our client are market leaders in the provision of end-to-end, cloud based, Remote Workforce monitoring, scheduling and financial management solutions. They currently provide software solutions and related services to more than 70 Government agencies and over 1000 private and third sector companies.
The role of Application Support Manager
As the Application Support Manager you will report to the UK Operations Director and will manage the day-to-day running of the UK Customer Care service, providing an excellent customer experience across all customers user base. You will be responsible for delivering the service in line with quality and contractual agreements, and managing resource and skill levels in order to exceed KPI targets.
You will also assist the UK Operations Director with the development and implementation of customer care improvement strategies to continually increase productivity within the function and to enhance the service levels offered to the Customer in every portfolio.
Your duties will include:
* Provide accurate management information to senior management and other stakeholders
* Maintain knowledge of market sectors, good practice and methodologies
* Strive for continuous improvements, identifying and delivering Customer Care enhancement
* Manage relationship with technical teams and where possible, reducing the numbers of tickets escalated
* Demonstrate working practice of the business procedures in line with ISO 9001 and ITIL
* Own ticket resolution systems and implement Knowledge Base and other self-service functions
* Set, monitor, motivate and review objectives and performance in line with the Appraisal Process
* Develop a Personal Development Plan for new and existing team members
* Provide support to colleagues by imparting expertise, building confidence and expressing positive expectations regarding the team and the company
* Facilitate regular team workshops and meetings to ensure the team are up to date
* Ensure that regular one to one meetings with all team members are conducted
* Management and analysis of customer care issues, providing point of escalation and taking necessary actions to address root cause
* Provide support for pre-sales team when required, including involvement in bid documentation
To be successful in your application as Application Support Manager, you will need to have / be:
* Understanding of software development lifecycle and a high level of technical ability
* Proven experience of running an Application Customer Care team
* Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality and professional conduct
* Experience of managing a team of staff with differing levels of knowledge
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* A passion for providing quality customer services
* Experience of working within high pressured environment delivering within targeted KPI's
* Experience of personnel management with the ability to manage change of priorities at short notice
* An approachable personality and able to communicate effectively and professionally
* A quick learner and problem solver
* A Full UK Driving License
* Educated to degree level
* Experience of direct contact with customers
* Familiarity with Social and Healthcare software solutions
* Familiarity with Facilities Management software solutions
Salary and Hours
As Application Support Manager you will work an average of 40 hours per week, however additional hours may be required depending upon the needs of the business. Due to the nature of this role, overnight stays away from home may occasionally be necessary along with travelling at unsociable hours.
You will receive a salary of circa £40,000 to £45,000 per annum as well as the following benefits:
* Pension Plan - 5% employer contribution, 1% employee contribution with optional salary sacrifice
* Health cash plan
* 22 days holiday initially, rising to 25 days after required length of service
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Death in service plan - 4 x annual basic salary
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Birthday Payment
* Buy and Sell Holiday Scheme
Please note: if you are successful in gaining employment with our client you will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Customer service, customer care, manager, people manager, people management, software, IT