* A solicitor or litigation executive working within the Employers Liability/Public Liability injury Casualty team.
* Your case load will be primarily litigated Employer Liability and Public Liability cases on behalf key insurer clients.
* Where necessary you will be asked to assist other colleagues on more complex and higher value cases.
* You will be working in a team of 20 plus fee earners with plans for further growth.
* You must be able to handle a varied workload in accordance with client protocols and with an appropriate level of supervision. Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
* You shall exercise full compliance with company protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
* Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target chargeable hours per year and also achieve a billing target commensurate with your role and client fee scale.
* As part of your role you may be asked to support marketing and business development activity within the team. This will include meeting clients, attending training sessions and marketing events.
* Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
* Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
* Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
* FILEX/Solicitor with a demonstrable interest and previous experience in the practice area in excess of 3 years post qualification experience.
* Good relationship and commercial/insurer client handling skills.
* Previous experience acting as a supervisor for junior solicitors would be desirable.
* A proven awareness of management information, client driven KPI's and their importance to meeting client expectations.
* Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
* An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an 'academic' approach to legal issues.
* Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
* Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.