VP - Data Privacy (FTC)
AD - Privacy, Legal and Compliance
A global banking group that offers a broad range of financial services and products, has a new vacancy within it's Group Legal and Compliance team inLondon. The team are currently looking to hire a senior Legal professional with expertise inUKdata privacy issues. This is an excellent position for a lawyer with data privacy experience that wishes to work for one of the top performing financial institutions.
As an Associate Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Work with the various business units to enable compliance with their obligations under relevant international privacy legislation & regulation
- Provide advice and guidance on keyUKdata privacy issues in the financial services sector e.g. Group wide and special projects
- Industry association liaison and representation in relation to data privacy issues
- Communicate the implications of existing as well as new and emerging privacy regulatory developments in the jurisdictions in which they operate
- provide leadership in relation to the governance and controls measures in place in order to ensure data privacy compliance on existing and new initiatives
- A law degree or lawyer, with post qualification legal experience in an organisation or law firm. A practising certificate is not required.
- An understanding of data privacy governance models and controls.
- A good understanding of UK Data Protection regulatory obligations and a good technical understanding of international privacy legislation and regulation.
- An ability to apply data protection and data privacy obligations to a commercial context within the financial services industry
- A good understanding of privacy governance and controls in relation to technologies used in the financial services sector
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate privacy issues in a non-technical way to the business. Confident individual able to communicate with clarity and purpose both in written and verbal formats
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com