Quantity Surveyor - New Build Housing - £30,000 - £40,000 + package
An established, well known, speculative housing contractor based in Lancashire have a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor.
Any candidate must have a minimum of 3 years' experience within a quantity surveying position, preferably within the new build housing industry but this is not essential.
Looks objectively at every side of an idea or situation to ensure the all outcomes are thoroughly assessed before deciding on the appropriate course of action. Analyses complex situations by looking at the causes and effects and takes a pragmatic and commercial view of risk.
Focuses time and resources on activities that will yield the greatest benefit
Gets work done within a given time frame
Sets realistic personal goals and work plans that are consistent with the business needs and strategies of the unit
Works effectively under pressure - balances multiple objectives has good attention to detail.
Strong business acumen combined with the creativity and vision to meet the needs of the business.
Brief outline of the roles and responsibilities
The appointed Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for approximately 4 different developments, these developments can range from 60 to 220 nr units per site.
- Setting and maintaining labour only targets and payment of labour only subcontractors (Joinery/Brickwork).
- Production of tender packs for the subcontract works (everything from demolition and roads and sewers through to build cleans).
- Subcontract tender analysis and order placing for all of the above.
- Liaising with the Technical department to ensure the site is designed in the most cost effective manner.
- Production of detailed site budgets.
- Financial management and reporting of including production of monthly valuations and CTC forecasts.
- Management of subcontractors including agreeing and processing interim valuations and final accounts.
- Introduction of new competitive subcontractors.
- Cost Control meetings with Construction department.
£30,000 - £40,000
Alexandra Smith at AndersElite is a commercial specialist recruitment consultant with over 9 years' experience within the Commercial sector. Alexandra works within the building and civil engineering markets. To register your interest in this excellent career opportunity please submit your most recent CV to myself via email or call me if you have any questions on 07980 006 436 for a confidential discussion