Quantity Surveyor (Main Contracting)
Our client - Your New Business:
Our client is a renowned regional New Build Contractor operating across the North West, with an established and continuously growing office in the Manchester area. This £40m+ turnover client is an organisation with more than 50 years' experience of construction work in and around the Manchester area, and as such they have developed long running relationships with several high profile developers and authorities across the commercial, blue-light and residential sectors, working on £5m-£10mproject values.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be driven and ambitious, focused on maximising value for a couple of projects that you can take the lead on at any one time. Based in Manchester, you'll split your time between your own project sites (located close to the office) and the office itself, working alongside an exceptional commercial manager who is known for developing his team and promoting from within.
Your duties and responsibilities as Quantity Surveyor:
- Maximise value on all projects, using negotiation skills to ensure payments are claimed on time
- Maintain contract reports and ensure internal and external stakeholders are kept up to date with project progress - including forecasting predicted spends and variations, Build and maintain strong working relationships with operational teams, directors, clients and subcontractors to ensure timely completion of projects to budget
- Procure and manage multiple subcontractor accounts as appropriate to varying construction projects, and ensure subcontractors are managed fairly and in accordance with contract terms
- Prepare, negotiate and settle final accounts
- Support the development of assistant quantity surveyor(s) where appropriate
Your skills and experience required:
You will hold an HND in Construction (or a related subject) or above qualification, although a Quantity Surveyor who demonstrates significant experience will also be considered. Your experience in design and build / main contracting projects will be essential, and icdeally you'll have experience with commercial contracting (rather than house-building, for example). Crucially, you'll show ability to run your own project(s) of similar values, desire to maximise value, maintain relationships with subcontractors and site teams, and progress your own career.
Salary, Remuneration & other benefits on offer:
Our client is willing to offer a salary and package above market rate to secure the right individual; a package totalling up to £50k including a car/car allowance and significant fringe benefits including a mobile phone, lap top, contributory pension and flexible working arrangements.
An exceptional QS position with an opportunity to further enhance your reputation in the North West construction market, and further progress your career.
Please get in touch today with George Lucking, Commercial Specialist on 0151 230 1690 / 07860 270 738 for more details on opportunities available, or apply direct below with your CV.
BCUK REF: BCUK-GLHB_QS
If you would like to keep up to date with up and coming construction news please follow www.constructionenquirer.com.