No 2 Quantity Surveyor
£38-42k + Car & Package
A good client of ours has just informed us of an exciting new opportunity to join their ranks as a Quantity Surveyor. The company operate on a national basis and provide £10-50m projects to various clients across the country. Turnover currently stands at around £70m.
The company's main attraction is their attitude toward career progression - they do their upmost to 'promote from within' and many of their staff find themselves climbing to senior levels after proving themselves. As it stands they have multiple live projects in Birmingham city centre including a £20M student accommodation and a £18M hotel development.
We will be pleased to provide our clients company name to qualified candidates at the end of the first screening telephone interview.
The ideal Quantity Surveyor:
The company are looking for a No 2 surveyor that has at least 2 years post graduate experience within a main contracting environment. You will be based on site, reporting in to an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor. You will be responsible for but not limited to procuring sub-contract packages, linking re-measures and validation of sub-contract works in preparation of final account payments, contract variations and valuations.
- Results Driven: Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his/her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
- Focus on Excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. Continually searches for ways to add value and take performance to the next level.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Puts aside personal agendas to work for the benefit of customers and suppliers and other stakeholders. Proactively builds knowledge through sharing knowledge, ideas and expertise with others.
- Operational Excellence: Plans and organises work to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Delivers results consistently.
- Adaptability: Learns quickly. Adapts positively to changing business and customer demands. Is energised by change.
- Contract Experience: Has worked on various forms of contract namely JCT D&B and traditional
The ideal candidate will have an excellent attention to detail and the confidence to deal with sub-contractors first-hand. Commercial awareness is an absolute must, alongside the ability to make the company as profitable as possible.
Salary and Benefits:
Our client offers a basic salary in the region of £40,000 plus car/allowance, as well as the normal benefits you'd expect from a successful company that wants to keep and develop its people.
Interview process & start date:
The target start date is as soon as practically possible depending on notice periods. Before that will be a screening interview with Ed Mynard at Think Recruitment. Thereafter will be two interviews at our client's offices.