£42-48k + Car & excellent package (dependent on level & experience)
We have an opportunity to join a solid regional Main Contractor based in Staffordshire. The company has 3 separate divisions: Build, Maintenance, painting & decorating. All 3 of these sectors contribute to the group turnover of £120m. This particular opportunity lies with the build division of the company. This division deliver construction projects across a broad range of market sectors, in and around the midlands. Projects typically vary in value from £500k - 3m. More recent experience includes: new build housing developments, remodelling of existing residential properties, extensions to industrial and commercial properties, restoration of listed heritage buildings, refurbishment of educational buildings and student accommodation blocks, and refurbishment of healthcare facilities.
As Quantity Surveyor you should have experience of D&B contracts with values in excess of £1m. The ideal candidate could be an experienced No 2 looking for that next step in their career or an established quantity surveyor who remains keen to be a part of a rapidly growing commercial team where further progression opportunities are inevitable once proving your skills within the company. The client is looking for a surveyor who can not only monitor the costs of a given project, but influence them too.
The successful candidate will have the following traits:
- Results Driven: Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his/her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
- Focus on Excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. Continually searches for ways to add value and take performance to the next level.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Puts aside personal agendas to work for the benefit of customers and suppliers and other stakeholders. Proactively builds knowledge through sharing knowledge, ideas and expertise with others.
- Operational Excellence: Plans and organises work to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Delivers results consistently.
- Adaptability: Learns quickly. Adapts positively to changing business and customer demands. Is energised by change.
- Contract Experience: Has worked extensively on various forms of contract namely JCT D&B and traditional
The ideal candidate will have an excellent attention to detail and the confidence to deal with sub-contractors first-hand. Commercial awareness is an absolute must, alongside the ability to make the company as profitable as possible.
Our client is prepared to offer a competitive salary to the successful Quantity Surveyor alongside a generous car allowance/car package and full benefits.
Interested? Contact or email your up to date CV to | 0121 411 9977