Youth Education Co-ordinator - Hull/ North Lincolnshire
Youth Education Co-ordinator
Location: To be based from Hull or North Lincolnshire (covering North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire and Hull)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: GBP 21,158 per annum
About the role
Can you inspire young people with an education that equips them with the skills and confidence to cope in a crisis?
In this exciting role, you will be accountable for providing education to targeted risk audience groups and individuals identified with an increased risk of experiencing a first aid, stigma or conflict crisis.
Our vision is a world where everyone gets the help that they need in a crisis, and your role will be essential in achieving this. You will develop community relationships/ partnerships to support our approach and with the support of a motivated team of volunteers and other professionals, will deliver dynamic and creative sessions that will focus on developing learner confidence and willingness to act in a crisis.
The Youth Education Co-ordinator will also complete the following duties:
- Work with the Crisis Education Manager to plan, develop and deliver the crisis education offer. To work collaboratively with the crisis education support centre, as directed by the Crisis Education Manager.
- Support and implement the crisis education day to day operations, to ensure there is an effective and efficient dynamic education offer and business process.
- To manage, develop and maintain local education partnerships, networks and relationships with schools and other formal/ informal educational organisations.
- To recruit, train, develop and manage a team of volunteers responsible for facilitating crisis education.
- To support the implementation of the education quality framework to ensure the appropriate level of assessment, evaluation and monitoring is in place.
About the team
As part of our Corporate Strategy, 'Refusing to ignore people in crisis', the British Red Cross has two supporting educational strategies, targeted at adults and young people, to help us engage with and help even more people across the UK. For those with an increased risk of experiencing a crisis, and to develop individual and community resilience, our education offer will ensure all those reached are better equipped to understand, cope and take action.
Our education team delivers vital skills that help people cope with and take action in a crisis. As part of this we want everyone in the UK to have the opportunity to learn first aid/education, and identified risk groups to have the skills and confidence to be able to cope in a crisis, so they can help themselves and others.
About the person
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is great with young people and can network, plan, deliver and bring people together.
We are particularly keen to hear from applicants who can demonstrate the below skills and experience:
- Experience of facilitated learning and adapting nationally approved learning content to meet learner needs
- Experience in recruiting, selecting, managing and supporting volunteers
- Experience in the evaluation of learner needs
Closing date for applications is 23.59 on Monday 29th January 2018
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
- Mileage expenses for business travel (45p per mile)
About the organisation
The British Red Cross is committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences - including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis.
As part of its recruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checking of all individuals who regularly work with or have access to children and vulnerable adults.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Refusing to ignore people in crisis
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79241349