Technical Manager (Bridges)
Technical Manager (Bridge Structures)
£50,000 - £60,000pa
A Technical Manager is required to join the Structures team based in Birmingham. Under general direction o the Technical Director, the successful candidate will provide technical leadership, direction and advice to ensure that project outcomes meed the required technical standards for the industry. You will be directly responsible for ensuring that excellent technical standards are employed in the design, documentation and supervision of project work. In addition you will take the lead in developing effective collaborative relationships with colleagues across the group, with appropriate external organisations and with new and existing clients.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- To lead and develop the technical capability by developing and delivering technical solutions.
- Develop guidelines and provide strategic, technical and project guidance to teams working on projects and services.
- Act as expert witness for related issues.
- Provide professional and technical guidance and coaching and encourage staff self-learning and development. Act as supervising civil engineer to staff with ICE training agreements when required.
- Keep all stakeholders fully informed of any technical issues and/or associated potential risks to the Group as they arise.
The ideal candidate:
- To be a chartered member of a relevant professional institution.
- A degree in civil engineering.
- Strong knowledge of bridge/structure design and assessment and the relevant design software and standards.
- Strong knowledge of structures design projects including Design & Build, Highways Agency, Local Authority and Private Developer schemes.
- Good working knowledge, experience and understanding of Consultancy and Local Authority business, systems and processes.
- Ability to build relationships and interact effectively with stakeholders at a senior level.
- Accustomed to operating at senior levels within an organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of being able to check and approve designs for technical accuracy.
- Developing, implementing, interpreting and explaining applicable legislation and regulations.
- Preparing clear, concise and informative reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations using sound, independent judgement within general policy and legal guidelines.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with both colleagues and clients, communicating effectively with all relevant stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity join a leading international Engineering consultancy as a Technical Manager for the Bridge/Structures team. The salary guide is between £50,000 - £60,000pa, however applications for candidates with requirement outside this guide will also be considered.
If you would be interested in applying for this position or would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail then please either send an up to date CV or call Karl French on 0113 242 0303.