Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager
Our client is one of the top 5 food retailers in the UK who own one of the UK's largest commercial property portfolio's. Their construction team is responsible for driving their massive retail development programme. They have got ambitious targets to meet for retail refits and new store developments, and now we're looking to recruit a talented QS to join the team and help them get the best value from their £300m capex programme.
As a QS & Cost Manager, you'll take the lead on cost management across one of their major capex programmes. You will be responsible for driving control, accuracy, visibility and value across multiple projects by managing our QS support network and contributing to capital control, budget preparation and investment forecasting. Stakeholder management will also be a key part of your role
* Performance manage the QS consultant support network
* Validate programme costs, and govern the cost management process
* Attend programme governance meetings and present costs to senior stakeholders
* Manage monthly cash flows, and track costs against programme projections
* Manage relationships with and influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
To be considered for this role you will ideally have the following experience:
- Degree qualified in a construction related discipline, ideally in Quantity Surveying
- MRICS would be desirable but not essential
- Ideally experience working within a Consultancy/PQS or client side organisation
- Great relationship management skills, with the confidence to challenge and influence all kinds of people
- Experience working on multiple fast paced projects as a client side, or consultant QS
- A positive attitude to change, with the resilience to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong commercial awareness, with the ability to spot opportunities to add value
In return our client is offering an excellent salary and package along with the opportunity to be supported on your APC if this is a priority for you.
For further information on this role or an informal chat please contact Claire Pattison on 0113 2420303.