Manchester / Liverpool
£55,000 - £60,000
Our client, a reputable North West Construction Company, are looking to recruit a Design Manager to join the North West division of their construction business. Working within the Manchester area, you will be required to work on live projects in the North West managing all design aspects from tender through to completion.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with the tender team to develop the Contractor’s Proposals document
- Managing the design team, the design development process and the interface with specialist sub-contract design
- Ensuring designs are developed within the constraints of the contract, the requirements of the output specification and the commercial objectives.
- Co-ordinating the whole design process and working closely with the client, employer’s representatives, design team and legislative bodies.
- Ensuring designs develop in accordance with the requirements of the design, procurement & construction programmes and company procedures.
- Managing the document control process, supported by a document controller.
- Organising and chairing design co-ordination and design progress meetings with the design team and sub-contractors and ensuring that design risk assessments are produced.
- Preparing formal progress reports on the design process.
- Maintaining a professional approach with clients and their professional teams, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Developing 3D design and BIM technology
The ideal candidate will have:
- A full understanding of the construction process from inception, through design to on site construction and handover.
- A good understanding of the planning and technical skills necessary to undertake the role and to be able to manage the commercial control and review of the design development process.
- Demonstrable experience of, and aptitude for, managing the design process for a contractor.
- Knowledge of 3D design / BIM technology and a desire to develop this further
- A proactive approach, enthusiasm for co-ordinating and motivating people.
- Excellent communication skills, both at the personal level and more formal reporting level.
- A degree qualification or equivalent and CIOB or equivalent