A leading housing developer based in Bristol are looking to procure an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team. Since starting the business up in the 1950's my client have been building high end houses and providing quality homes within the Bristol, Cheltenham, Taunton, Swindon, Wiltshire and North Devon areas. Not only this but they are proud to have been awarded both the 5 Star House Builder award and The National Housebuilder Of The Year award.
The current average units per year is 550, with a forecast of 600 by 2018/2019. They run 15 sites concurrently, including developments in Devizes - 230 units, Swindon - 120, a dual branded site in Taunton - 250 units. All developments are traditional build, varying from 3-6 beds.
They are looking for a Quantity Surveyor with house building experience, this can be anything from 3/4 years or 7/8 years knowledge and understanding of the house builder processes. My client are looking to pay a salary between £30k to £45k basic, experience dependent.
Your main duties will include:
- Sub contract enquiries/analysis and placing fixed price orders
- Sourcing sub contract labour
- Developing over all budget into work package budgets
- Keeping an eye on construction process on site regarding quality/cost efficiency
- Work with contracts manager regarding technical issues
- Completing paperwork for sub-contractors payments
- Dealing and agreeing costs for sub-contractor's additional/altered works
The ideal candidate will be HNC qualified minimum or have a solid 7/8 years experience within housing. The successful candidate will be offered a generous salary plus package, including company car or call allowance, pension scheme, private health care and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
If you are interested in this role, please call Francesca on 01392 493347, email or click 'Apply Now'.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.