Quantity Surveyor required to join a leading Building Services contractor in the Bristol area. We are seeking a mechanical and electrical building services Quantity Surveyor or Senior QS / Managing Surveyor to be responsible for managing all costs relating to building engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures, in order to minimise costs and enhance value for money, while ensuring the required standards and quality are maintained.
Your new company:
- Publicly traded, multinational with a family feel. Head office based in the midlands, with varied regional hubs. UK Turnover into £200M. Contending with the likes of NG Bailey, Crown house etc they are a national, reputable contractor with a diverse and interesting outlook on the contracting sector.
Your new position:
- You will have an awareness of the commercial market with the ability to demonstrate successful relationship building between company, clients and subcontractors in engineering construction industry.
- You will be responsible for a variety of projects within commercial, Education, Medical and light industrial with values from £1M through to £250M.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Experience as a Senior Quantity Surveyor/Quantity Surveyor preferably working for a Mechanical & Electrical Contractor
- Sound working knowledge of the various forms of Conditions of Contact (JCT / NEC)
- Knowledge of construction and contract law.
- Proven M&E experience.
- Ability to forward think, plan and influence decisions and financial outcome.
- Building Services or Quantity Surveyor qualification or equivalent
- Member of /actively working towards membership of an appropriate professional body (MRICS etc)
You will be joining not only a national business, but an independent business with a true passion for engineering excelleWhat's next?nce. You will be offered a market leading package, and a progressive route over the years ahead. Package includes a leading salary, car or allowance, and further.Click apply below, or contact Vic Bekker at Girling Jones recruitment for a full and confidential brief.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.