Deputy Ward Manager - Day Surgery
An independent provider working in partnership with the NHS Trust is looking for a Deputy Ward Manager to work in Day Surgery managing the care provided to patients undergoing minor procedures for specialities that includes:
The day surgery ward has 24 beds and is open from Monday to Saturday
As the Deputy Ward Manager you will be expected to:
- Act as lead practitioner for specific speciality/specialities and provide skilled assistance
- Co-ordinate staff and resources effectively
- Provide clinical supervision to nurses on the ward and conduct appraisals
- Carry out clinical audits and address actions that need to be implemented to meet regulatory compliance
- Ensure safe admission and discharge of patients
- Investigate accidents, incidents and concerns
You will need:
- NMC registration
- At least 3 years post registration experience in a surgical nursing setting
- To show competency and demonstrate experience at Senior Ward Practitioner Level
- Medical and or surgical nursing experience.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.