Solicitor - Private Client
Our client has a vacancy for a Solicitor to join their Birmingham-based Private Client team, part of the Private Capital group.
The successful candidate will manage their own caseload of files and assist the partners with the delivery of high quality legal services to clients on a broad range of private client work.
Your key duties will be:
• will drafting
• estate administration, to include experience of completing inheritance tax returns and income tax, & Capital Gains Tax Returns and accounting
• trust matters including drafting trust documentation for establishment and management
• trust administration including dealing with ongoing accounting and taxation matters
• court of protection applications
• powers of attorney
• handling own caseload of all private client matters with guidance and supervision from your Partner as required
• providing general support to your Partner in developing the private client offering
• assisting in the promotion of the private client practice with both clients and referrer contacts
Skills and experience you will have:
• a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a comparable private client legal environment
• previous experience in private client work must include estate administration, lasting powers of attorney and wills
Key competencies you will need:
• technical expertise
• good attention to detail and accuracy
• a demonstrable commitment to exceptional client service
• ability to prioritise workload
• strong IT skills and fast, accurate typing ability
• drive, enthusiasm, commitment and a team player approach
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.