A leading City based investment Management firm are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their growing finance team.
This position has become available at a City based investment management firm with over $21bn of assets under management.
The successful candidate will benefit from working closely with staff members performing a number of different functions. The ability to maintain confidentiality within the role is critical. Key duties are as follows:
- Responsibility of the purchase ledger, including accurately posting supplier invoices and employee expenses, obtaining the required approval and dealing with supplier queries;
- Setting up and ensuring timely payments to employees and suppliers, in multi currencies;
- Responsibility of the sales ledger, including preparation of fee invoices to UK clients, client queries and posting sales receipts;
- Preparation of monthly inter-company invoices involving regular communication with our Guernsey finance team;
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations for several multi-currency bank accounts.
- Calculation of rebate and commission payments;
- Assisting with the month end process, preparing journals and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Assisting with the collation of benefit information for HMRC reporting, including P11D's and PSA returns.
- Involvement in the upkeep and maintenance of employee benefits;
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly VAT returns for both firms and quarterly EC Sales listing;
- Other ad hoc duties including involvement in the year-end audit and other projects as and when they arise.
Qualifications and Skills required:
- Strong academic background;
- 1-2 years' experience working in a finance team;
- Sage knowledge is an advantage;
- Strong IT skills, in particular Microsoft Excel;
- Attention to detail; and
- Team player in a group environment within a "flat-structure" organisation.
Competitive Salary plus Benefits