PureApp Workload & Platform Administrator
AXA is the world’s number 1 insurance brand, with over 160,000 employees and 102 million customers worldwide. AXA Technology Services is a fully owned AXA Group subsidiary whose objective is to provide AXA Group companies with high-quality and innovative IT and telecommunications infrastructure management services.
We apply our expertise and energy to improve operational effectiveness and help AXA people to get the most out of their IT infrastructure. We are committed to providing quality of service, price competitiveness, customer centricity and expertise and professionalism.
Technology moves forward at an incredible pace. That’s why we look for people who can adapt to changing needs. People who can be proactive and pragmatic. People who will help to make sure that, as a business, we’re ready for tomorrow. And most importantly of all, that we’re ready to make the most of the opportunities tomorrow will bring.
We are exciting to be recruiting a PureApp Workload & Platform Administrator to join us on a 1 year fixed term contract in Bristol.
As the Pureapp Workload & Platform Administrator you will manage the administration of the IBM PureApp platform and its workloads for AXA Tech MESD with focus on providing a stable and secure platform to the AXA UK business running its key data and analytics platforms.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Ensure the necessary conditions to protect the platform and its workloads
- Proactive and reactive Monitoring (Operating Systems & Databases, PureApp System)
- Perform daily checks (Backups, PureApp System, Capacity planning) On all the existing environment
- Involved in DR plan definition and validation
- Operate the platform and the applications
- Application follow up (Scheduling, batch, end-user admin, …)
- Application delivery (CI/CD to leverage)
- Maintenance including Patching (OS, DB2, …)
- Enabler for DevOps approach
- Project Support and discretionary work
- Cover Pattern Engineer
- Be a source of proposals
Skills, knowledge and behaviour
The ideal candidate for this position will possess or be able to demonstrate:
- PureApp experience (including RHEL and DB2 on LWU)
- Degree level education – Preferred
- Minimum of 2 years IT Operational experience in an enterprise sized commercial organisation.
- Broad technology knowledge across the entire infrastructure landscape and on security topics
- Experience within a DevOps environment - Preferred
- Strong customer focus/interaction skills
- Experience in a collaborative team culture across management, technical, cultural and country boundaries.
- Self-lead continuous learning and development.
- Strong and proactive collaboration skills
- Exhibit high levels of autonomy within a defined scope
- Highly structured approach
- Ability to assimilate information quickly, clearly identify key issues and resolve
- You must thrive in a fast-paced work environment and demonstrate an ability to quickly come up to speed with new technologies
What will you get from this role?
At AXA we believe the best way to attract and motivate is to recognise people's contribution with benefits that truly reflect their importance to our success. In return for your efforts, you will be rewarded with opportunities to develop your career, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- circa £39,583 - £51,479 dependent on experience
- Generous contributory DC (Money purchase) pension scheme
- Performance related bonus scheme - on target bonus is 7.5%
- Dental cover
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Life cover