Global marketing, insights, and data media agency are actively recruiting
West London office, join a very successful department as a Sales Consultant
Our client helps businesses drive more commercial value by delivering intelligence to maximise potential and minimise risk. Our client been a pioneer in the marketing industry since its inception in the 1970's. The business has grown to a £90m company employing 750 in the UK. The UK business is a subsidiary of their US arm, which is a £3bn company listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Clients are household names and include retailers, grocers, restaurants, pub groups, charities, automotive manufacturers, care homes and media organisations. A broad range of solutions and service include consumer data and insight, spatial analysis, marketing software and location strategy consultancy. In a nutshell, our client allow businesses to understand their customers more - via precise people and place data.
They have a strong driven ethos, and their core values are: transparency, honesty and integrity. They pride themselves on always do the right thing for their clients. With offices globally, the London office is in Kensington - the space is very impressive, modern, access to all useful amenity's, and has a very collaborative and dynamic feel. This role exists within an established department, with clear support and training, and offers the successful applicant the chance to really 'own' their market; developing face-to-face relationships across the UK.
Sitting within the Market Planning team, the role of the Sales Consultant is to nurture and develop a key sector; Location Planning. This give big brands the insights to underpin decisions when choosing where to open a new branch.
An opportunity exists for a new business person with a proven track record to join this growing team as they look to expand into new markets. The team are well-supported by pre-consultants who are experts in their field. This means it is a driven, energetic and consultative person that our client seek with well-developed and commercial skills. The role offers an excellent opportunity to further develop consultancy and business development skills in a professional, market-leading organisation.
The essential functions of the job include all aspects of the selling process, including:
- New business development (about a 70% new business, 30% account management focus)
- Prospecting & networking to create a pipeline of business
- Work with our pre-consultants to show the benefits of our consultancy and software solutions.
- Present effectively and write clear, convincing proposals.
- Discuss market issues knowledgeably and demonstrate understanding of relevant commercial sectors.
- Engage multiple stakeholders in the selling process.
- Negotiate and close business to exceed targets.
The Sales Consultant will ideally have anything from 2 years to 6 years (our client are flexible on this however!) B2B experience, and you can come from a range of product backgrounds. You may have sold software, services, media or advertising beforehand, and now looking for your next step up. The key comes down to your consultative, presentable, driven nature; hungry to develop a career within this sector.
Key attributes are:
- Self-starter, self-disciplined, results driven and highly energetic
- The ability to source leads and expand the sector through their own efforts
- A 'hunter' with a proven ability to proactively generate new business
- A demonstrable track record of high performance
- The ability to absorb complex solutions and present them with simplicity; understand technical information and think laterally to deliver a variety of solutions
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Able to manage and support client organisations at all levels
- A real attention to detail
- A very good communicator, who is outgoing and confident and can be effective in a business meeting with senior people
The package for the Sales Consultant is being pitched at:
- Basic Salary between £30,000 - £40,000 dependant on experience
- OTE, uncapped, individuals regularly achieve £60,000+ as an overall take-home
- 22 days holiday (increasing to 25 days by year 3)
- Employer pension contributions of 1% (increasing to 5% after year 4)
- Private health cover after qualification period
- Fully subsidised gym on site