Experienced Software Sales Engineer
Experienced Software Sales Engineer (Engineering Software)
As part of my client’s continued growth and vision to be a leader in their sector, a new role an experienced Sales Engineer has been created theirCambridgeoffice for a candidate that has a minimum of 3 years experience working within a sales engineer / software sales type role.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to combine your technical and people skills to help our customers understand how my client’s product line can reduce their design cycle and costs and improve their efficiency.
The challenge of selling to a wide range of technical engineers, managers and R & D specialists will call on your technical curiosity and commercial acumen, as well as your strong listening and communication skills. This role will also include some travel.
- Actively identify, develop and expand the sales of my client’s existing and new range software to commercial engineering firms and national research labs
- Develop new leads and maintain regular contact with existing contacts through phone calls and public workshops
- Create and deliver presentations with the support of the technical support team at public seminars, customer-sites and professional conferences
- Work closely with the technical team at both pre and post sales stages to provide technical support to potential customers
- Achieve personal sales targets
- Minimum of 3 years technical sales experiences ideally in an engineering or software company
- Graduate ideally with a Bachelor or Masters in engineering, physical sciences, life sciences (or a related discipline)
- Positive, professional and confident communicator both in-person and on the phone, with concise writing skills
- Strong time-management skills
- An understanding of the business challenges and technical issues clients face in the engineering and scientific sectors
- Determination and a consultative approach to progressing and closing sales
- Some experience with computer modeling
- Eligible to work in theUK.
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and regular reviews to reward personal performance
- 25 days holiday
- Good prospects for career progression
- Professional and personal development in a fast growing high-tech software company
If you think you are right for this role or would like to know more, please contact Gerald Carew at Interaction Recruitment.