Marine Electrical Trainer
Demob Job Reference: J2820
Job Title: Marine Electrical Trainer
Location: HMS Sultan, Hampshire
Salary: £28,000 to £30,000
Our client is one of the UK’s leading support services companies. They deliver many key services including training, design, build, manage, operate and maintaining assets, dealing with companies both in the UK and overseas, supplying customers in a wide variety of industry sectors including Defence, Marine, Naval, MoD, Nuclear, Communications, Energy and Transportation. They now have a requirement for a Marine Electrical Trainer to be based at HMS Sultan, Hampshire.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force with a Marine Electrical and Electronic Engineering background and relevant experience in a training role.
- Instruct theoretical and practical technical training to the equipment and systems of RN warships and other Navy’s vessels in accordance with the Training Plan and Sultan TSOP procedures. Subjects include Electrical/Electronic principles, Power & Distribution, High Voltage & Low Voltage systems, Electrical Test Equipment, Soldering and Crimping techniques.
- Assist in maintaining and updating training documentation.
- Assess student course work and provide feedback on performance.
- Responsible for the duty of care of trainees during the delivery of training.
- Carry out the level 0 and level 1 training equipment maintenance for which suitable qualifications and experience are held.
- Ensure Company security, health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Carry out the duties of Safety Warden and First Aider if required, having completed the necessary training.
- Consolidated experience, or directly employed in Marine electrical and electronic engineering principles in the maritime environment.
- Previous experience in the application of electrical soldering and crimping techniques on low voltage systems.
- Previous knowledge in the application of Marine electrical and electronic theoretical and practical instruction with an awareness of Electrical/Electronic Principles, Power & Distribution, High Voltage / Low Voltage, Electrical Test Equipment, Electrical Maintenance.
- Previous instructional experience in a military electrical and electronic environment.
- Experience in the development of electrical and electronic engineering based training courses.
- £28,000 to £30,000 annual salary.
- Monday - Friday, 37 hours per week.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Company pension scheme.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and will need to undergo Enhanced DBS, Security Clearance (SC) and employment reference checks (5 years).