Facilities Manager (Home Based - Greater London & South East Regions)
Assure the effective functioning of a regional retail portfolio and ancillary properties, to provide an efficient and safe working environment for employees and clients by using best practices to manage resources, services and processes in order to meet the needs of the company.
A FTSE 250 company operating across the United Kingdom with over 800 retail properties and ancillary properties within the portfolio.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Based from home covering the Greater London and South East regions.
- Implement a property facilities management programme including preventative maintenance and life cycle requirements.
- Instigate a network of approved contractors for the relevant region using approved contract procedure.
- Provide progress reports to the regional manager and property department at head office.
- Be the main contact for reactive repairs and maintenance for the properties & facilities for the relevant region subject to approval parameters on expenditure.
- Instruct, supervise & approve work carried out by the approved contractors.
- Ensure procedures for obtaining and approving risk assessments and method statements are adhered to.
- Initially, approve contractor invoices according to issued purchase orders.
- Conduct and document regular facilities/property inspections.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety standards and industry codes
- Supervise maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Assist with branch refurbishment and renovations
- Negotiate contracts to optimise delivery and cost saving
- Manage and review service contracts to ensure facilities management needs are met.
- Ensure delivery schedules, quantity and quality criteria are met
- Prepare and track minor works budget
- Generate and present regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets, finances, contracts, expenditures and purchases.
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives.
- Advise on and monitor energy efficiency
- undertake training and CPD in line with industry requirements.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering or related qualifications in British Institute of Facilities Management.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of project management.
- Working knowledge of procurement and contracts
- Sound knowledge of health and safety compliance
- Experience in construction, maintenance and all facets of facility operation.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability working with property IT systems.
Remuneration Package Includes:
- Basic salary = £30k - £40k
- Company car / car allowance