My Client has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join their head office in Milton Keynes.
Specialising in Residential developments, this international company has exciting plans and tenders in place to ensure this year is massively successful. Supported by an Operational and an Office Manager, your technical advice, knowledge and skills will really determine the success of the projects in place.
What you'll be doing
As, Quantity Surveyor, you will:
- Ensure commercial & contractual control and co-ordination of the efforts of all parties involved in the execution of a specified project or range of projects
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
- With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
- Ensure that each sub-contractor’s account is managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions
- Manage the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation
Who we're looking for
- Have previous experience in Quantity Surveying, some of which should have been obtained within a relevant business environment and a valid CSCS card is required
- Have sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract
- Have knowledge and understanding of sub-contracting principles, together with the ability to draft and administer sub contracts
- Have the ability to apply the knowledge and principles of commercial management to construction projectsHave proven ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Have the ability to implement procedures to quantify and cost construction works, including the use of appropriate standard methods of measurement
An overall package will be discussed at interview with a salary in place of £60-65k based on experience. A permanent opportunity along with a early start date - this is an opportunity not to be missed.
For more information contact James at Interaction Recruitment, Milton Keynes.