Financial Data Analyst
LaingBuisson, the UK’s leading healthcare market intelligence provider, has been serving clients for over 30 years with insights, data and analysis of health and social care market structures, policy and strategy. Our products and services are based on proprietary primary data and we are the only non-government data source cited by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) for the independent healthcare market. We help healthcare providers, commissioners, payors, investors and regulators to understand their markets, access their customers, increase profitability and deliver better quality care through market reports, benchmarking, data, consulting, news and conferences.
A new opportunity has arisen to join LaingBuisson's dynamic research team as a Financial Data Analyst. The successful candidate will be leading in the monitoring, verifying, analysing and entering financial data for providers across the UK healthcare sector. The role demands a high level of accuracy and the ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals at all levels. You will be a key part of a dedicated research team, responsible for managing content used in a variety of specialist reports and benchmarking data products.
The position is ideal for candidate holding a Bachelor’s level qualification (or equivalent) in a numerical degree and a natural aptitude for accounting, with proven experience in being a team player, confidence in their approach to research and highly focused data entry skills.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- To monitor, analyse and enter financial reports of companies in UK healthcare sector
- Communicating with individuals at all management levels at organisations to obtain and verify information
- Assist consultants with the development of market reports (including setting and meeting project deadlines)
- Facilitating with the development of financial data products
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with colleagues, clients and management (verbal, written and telephone)
- Strong organisational skills (including planning and prioritising work) to meet strict deadlines and lead or oversee projects
- Analytical, superb levels of accuracy and a very strong attention to detail
- Flexible, with ability to use initiative to identify and problems
- Team player with willingness to help and motivate others
- Strong proficiency with MS Office tools
- Ability to work under pressure
- 2:1 or above at Bachelor’s level (or equivalent) in a numerical degree plus a natural aptitude for accounting
This is a full time permanent position with salary between £22 - 25k per annum, depending on experience. LaingBuisson offers 31 days of annual leave (including UK bank holidays) and other staff benefits available pending a three-month probation period. Office location in central London, EC1V postcode.
Please note that only applicants with permission to work in the UK need apply.
To apply please email jobs (at) laingbuisson (dot) com with a cover letter and CV, quoting reference LBFDA2016 in the email subject line. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 17th February 2017. Candidates will be invited for interviews on a rolling basis, with an ideal start date as soon as possible.